MARKET DATA DISPLAY SERVICES
(Nonprofessional Subscriber Status)
Front Financial Inc (“Vendor”) agrees to make “Market Data” available to you pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement. By executing this Agreement in the space indicated below, you (“Subscriber”) agree to comply with those terms and conditions. Section 1 sets forth terms and conditions of general applicability. Section 2 applies insofar as Subscriber receives and uses Market Data made available pursuant to this Agreement as a Nonprofessional Subscriber.
SECTION 1: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF GENERAL APPLICABILITY
- MARKET DATA DEFINITION – For all purposes of this Agreement, “Market Data” means (a) last sale information and quotation information relating to securities that are admitted to dealings on the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE*”), (b) such bond and other equity last sale and quotation information, and such index and other market information, as United States-registered national securities exchanges and national securities associations (each, an “Authorizing SRO”) may make available and as the NYSE* may from time to time designate as “Market Data”; and (c) all information that derives from any such information.
- PROPRIETARY NATURE OF DATA – Subscriber understands and acknowledges that each Authorizing SRO and Other Data Disseminator has a proprietary interest in the Market Data that originates on or derives from it or its market(s).
- ENFORCEMENT – Subscriber understands and acknowledges that (a) the Authorizing SROs are third-party beneficiaries under this Agreement and (b) the Authorizing SROs or their authorized representative(s) may enforce this Agreement, by legal proceedings or otherwise, against Subscriber or any person that obtains Market Data that is made available pursuant to this Agreement other than as this Agreement contemplates. Subscriber shall pay the reasonable attorney’s fees that any Authorizing SRO incurs in enforcing this Agreement against Subscriber.
- DATA NOT GUARANTEED – Subscriber understands that no Authorizing
SRO, no other entity whose information is made available over the Authorizing SROs’ facilities (an “Other Data Disseminator”) and no information processor that assists any Authorizing SRO or Other Data Disseminator in making Market Data available (collectively, the “Disseminating Parties”) guarantees the timeliness, sequence, accuracy or completeness of Market Data or of other market information or messages disseminated by any Disseminating Party. Neither Subscriber nor any other person shall hold any Disseminating Party liable in any way for (a) any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of, (i) any such data, information or message or (ii) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message, or (b) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by (i) any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, (ii) nonperformance or (iii) interruption in any such data, information or message, due either to any negligent act or omission by any Disseminating Party, to any “force majeure” (e.g., flood, extraordinary weather conditions, earthquake or other act of God, fire, war, insurrection, riot, labor dispute, accident, action of government, communications or power failure, equipment or software malfunction) or to any other cause beyond the reasonable control of any Disseminating Party.
- PERMITTED USE – Subscriber shall not furnish Market Data to any other person or entity. If Subscriber receives Market Data other than as a Nonprofessional Subscriber, it shall use Market Data only for its individual use in its business.
- DISSEMINATION DISCONTINUANCE OR MODIFICATION –
Subscriber understands and acknowledges that, at any time, the Authorizing SROs may discontinue disseminating any category of Market Data, may change or eliminate any transmission method and may change transmission speeds or other signal characteristics. The Authorizing SROs shall not be liable for any resulting liability, loss or damages that may arise therefrom.
- DURATION; SURVIVAL – This Agreement remains in effect for so long as
Subscriber has the ability to receive Market Data as contemplated by this Agreement. In addition, Vendor may terminate this Agreement at any time, whether at the direction of the Authorizing SROs or otherwise. Paragraphs 2, 3 and 4, and the first two sentences of Paragraph 8, survive any termination of this Agreement.
- MISCELLANEOUS – The laws of the State of New York shall govern this
Agreement and it shall be interpreted in accordance with those laws. This Agreement is subject to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the rules promulgated under that act, and the joint-industry plans entered into pursuant to that act. This writing contains the entire agreement between the parties in respect of its subject matter. Subscriber may not assign all or any part of this Agreement to any other person. The person executing this Agreement below represents and warrants that he or she has legal capacity to contract and, if that person is executing this Agreement on behalf of a proprietorship or a business, partnership or other organization, represents and warrants that he or she has actual authority to bind the organization.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED: I, the “Subscriber” to which the preceding terms
and conditions refer, acknowledge that I have read the preceding terms and conditions of this Section 1, that I understand them and that I hereby manifest my assent to, and my agreement to comply with, those terms and conditions by “clicking” on the following box:
SECTION 2: NONPROFESSIONAL SUBSCRIBER
9. NONPROFESSIONAL SUBSCRIBER DEFINITION –“Nonprofessional
Subscriber” means any natural person who receives market data solely for his/her personal, nonbusiness use and who is not a “Securities Professional.” A “Securities Professional” includes an individual who, if working in the United States, is:
- registered or qualified with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), the Commodities Futures Trading Commission, any state securities agency, any securities exchange or association, or any commodities or futures contract market or association.
- engaged as an “investment advisor” as that term is defined in Section 202 (a) (11) of the Investment Advisor’s Act of 1940 (whether or not registered or qualified under that Act), or
- employed by a bank or other organization exempt from registration under Federal and/or state securities laws to perform functions that would require him or her to be so registered or qualified if he or she were to perform such functions for an organization not so exempt.
A person who works outside of the United States will be considered a “Securities Professional” if he or she performs the same functions as someone who would be considered a “Securities Professional” in the United States.
Subscriber may not receive Market Data as a “Nonprofessional Subscriber” unless the vendor providing that data to Subscriber first determines that the individual falls within Paragraph 9’s definition of “Nonprofessional Subscriber.”
10. PERMITTED RECEIPT – Subscriber may not receive Market Data from Vendor, and Vendor may not provide Market Data to Subscriber, on a “Nonprofessional Subscriber” basis unless Vendor first properly determines that Subscriber qualifies as a
“Nonprofessional Subscriber” as defined in Paragraph 9 and Subscriber in fact qualifies as a “Nonprofessional Subscriber.” In determining whether a Subscriber qualifies as a
“Nonprofessional Subscriber,” Vendor shall consider whether Subscriber would answer “No” to the following questions:
- Do you receive Market Data for any reason other than your personal, nonbusiness use?
- Are you currently registered or qualified with the SEC or the CFTC?
- Are you currently registered or qualified with any securities agency, any securities exchange, association or regulatory body, or any commodities or futures contract market, association or regulatory body, in the United States or elsewhere?
- Whether you are located within or outside of the United States, do you perform any functions that are similar to those that require an individual to register or qualify with the SEC, the CFTC, any other securities agency or regulatory body, any securities exchange or association, or any commodities or futures contract market, association or regulatory body?
- Are you engaged to provide investment advice to any individual or entity?
- Are you engaged as an asset manager?
- Do you use the capital of any other individual or entity in the conduct of your trading?
- Do you conduct trading for the benefit of a corporation, partnership, or other entity?
- Have you entered into any agreement to share the profit of your trading activities or receive compensation for your trading activities?
- Are you receiving office space, and equipment or other benefits in exchange for your trading or work as a financial consultant to any person, firm or business entity?
- PERMITTED USE – If Subscriber is a Nonprofessional Subscriber, he or she shall receive Market Data solely for his or her personal, non-business use.
- PERSONAL AND EMPLOYMENT DATA – As a prerequisite to qualifying as a “Nonprofessional Subscriber”, Subscriber shall provide the following information:
Subscriber’s name and address:
Subscriber’s occupations (list all occupations – including homemaker, student, retiree, etc.):
Name(s) and address(es) of Subscriber’s employer(s):
Subscriber’s title(s) and/or position(s):
Subscriber’s employment functions (description):
Subscriber shall notify Vendor promptly in writing of any change in his or her circumstances that may cause him or her to cease to qualify as a Nonprofessional Subscriber or that may change his or her response to any of the preceding questions.
- CERTIFICATION – By executing this Agreement, Subscriber hereby certifies that he or she falls within Paragraph 9’s definition of “Nonprofessional Subscriber” and that the personal and employment information that he or she has included in Paragraph 12 is truthful and accurate.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED: I, the “Subscriber” to which the preceding terms
and conditions refer, acknowledge that I have read the preceding terms and conditions of this Section 2, that I understand them, that I answer “No” to the questions set forth in Section 10, and that I hereby manifest my assent to, and my agreement to comply with, those terms and conditions by “clicking” on the following box:
* NYSE is the administrator for NYSE Prop, CTA, and GIF products