Last Updated: July 29, 2020
TERMS OF SERVICE
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) carefully. Your use of the Service (as defined below) constitutes your consent to this Agreement.
This Agreement is between you and Front Financial, Inc. (“Front” or “we” or “us”) concerning your use of (including any access to) the Front Investment Service (together with any mobile applications (“Apps”) and websites (“Sites”) through which we make the service available, the “Service”). This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms and conditions posted by Front through the Service, or otherwise made available to you by Front.
By using the Service, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement.
Please note that the Service is currently made available as an “alpha” or “beta” program. Without limiting any other terms or conditions of this Agreement, please note that Front may, without notice, establish eligibility criteria for participation in the alpha or beta program, limit or revoke any individual’s participation in the alpha or beta program, and change or modify any features or functionalities of the Service.
1. Changes. We may change this Agreement from time to time by notifying you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting a revised Agreement through the Service. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Agreement incorporating such changes, or otherwise notified you of such changes.
Your use of the Service following any changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes. The “Last Updated” legend above indicates when this Agreement was last changed. We may, at any time and without liability, modify or discontinue all or part of the Service (including access to the Service via any third-party links); charge, modify or waive any fees required to use the Service; or offer opportunities to some or all Service users.
2. Jurisdictional Issues. The Service is controlled or operated (or both) from the United States, and is not intended to subject Front to any non-U.S. jurisdiction or law. The Service may not be appropriate or available for use in some non-U.S. jurisdictions. Any use of the Service is at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in doing so. We may limit the Service’s availability at any time, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose.
3. Registration; User Names and Passwords; Security. You may need to register to use all or part of the Service. We may reject, or require that you change, any user name, password or other information that you provide to us in registering. Your user name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential; you, and not Front, are responsible for any use or misuse of your user name or password, and you must promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your user name or password, or your Service account. In addition, you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device and any credentials used in connection with your device. Do not provide any user name or password (e.g., device or related “cloud” passwords, or any Front-issued user names or passwords) to anyone. Do not enable any fingerprints other than your own for use with any device’s fingerprint authentication. Your device may also contain certain security features to protect against unauthorized use of the device and the Service; you agree not to disable or bypass any such features. You must ensure that the App has been permanently deleted from a device before selling or otherwise transferring such device.
4. Rules of Conduct. In connection with the Service, you must not:
· Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Service any materials that are or may be: (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating, or otherwise fail to respect the rights and dignity of others; (b) defamatory, libelous, fraudulent or otherwise tortious; (c) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (d) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right, without the express prior written consent of the applicable owner.
· Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Service any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment (each, a “Virus”).
· Use the Service for any commercial purpose, or for any purpose that is fraudulent or otherwise tortious or unlawful.
· Harvest or collect information about users of the Service.
· Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Service or the servers or networks used to make the Service available, including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Service; or violate any requirement, procedure or policy of such servers or networks.
· Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Service.
· Reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, sell, rent, lease, loan, timeshare, distribute or otherwise exploit any portion of (or any use of) the Service except as expressly authorized herein, without Front’s express prior written consent.
· Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Service, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
· Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Service.
· Frame or mirror any portion of the Service, or otherwise incorporate any portion of the Service into any product or service, without Front’s express prior written consent.
· Systematically download and store Service content.
· Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Service content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service, without Front’s express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the robots.txt file located in the Site’s root directory, Front grants to the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Front reserves the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice.
You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for all hardware and all telecommunications and other services needed to use the Service.
5. Submissions. Service visitors may make available certain materials (each, a “Submission”) through or in connection with the Service, including on profile pages or on the Service’s interactive services, such as forums and messaging functionality, and including through the provision of transactions or other financial information. Front has no control over and is not responsible for any use or misuse (including any distribution) by any third party of Submissions. If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable or other information publicly available through the Service, you do so at your own risk.
6. License. For purposes of clarity, you retain ownership of your Submissions. For each Submission, you hereby grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license, without additional consideration to you or any third party, to reproduce, distribute, perform and display (publicly or otherwise), create derivative works of, adapt, modify and otherwise use, analyze and exploit such Submission, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose (including promotional purposes, such as testimonials).
In addition, if you provide to us any ideas, proposals, suggestions or other materials (“Feedback”), whether related to the Service or otherwise, such Feedback will be deemed a Submission, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that such Feedback is not confidential, and that your provision of such Feedback is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction, and does not place Front under any fiduciary or other obligation.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licenses granted in this section, and that your Submissions, and your provision thereof through and in connection with the Service, are complete and accurate, and are not fraudulent, tortious or otherwise in violation of any applicable law or any right of any third party. You further irrevocably waive any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
7. Monitoring. We may (but have no obligation to) monitor, evaluate, alter or remove Submissions before or after they appear on the Service, or analyze your access to or use of the Service. We may disclose information regarding your access to and use of the Service, and the circumstances surrounding such access and use, to anyone for any reason or purpose.
8. Your Limited Rights. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by Front to use the Site, you may view one (1) copy of any portion of the Site to which we provide you access under this Agreement, on any single device, solely for your personal, non-commercial use. The App is licensed (not sold) to end users. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by Front to use the App, we hereby permit you, on a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable basis, to install and use the App on a mobile device that you own or control, solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If you fail to comply with any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using the App and remove (that is, uninstall and delete) the App from your mobile device.
9. Front’s Proprietary Rights. We and our suppliers own the Service, which is protected by proprietary rights and laws. Our trade names, trademarks and service marks include FRONT, FRONT INVESTMENT and FRONT FINANCIAL INC., and any associated logos. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and logos on the Service not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Service should be construed as granting any right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos without the express prior written consent of the owner.
10. Confidentiality. You acknowledge that your use of the Service may make available to you confidential and proprietary information of Front (“Confidential Information”). Confidential Information includes the terms of this Agreement and the features and functionality of the Service, as well as any technology, know-how, products, potential products, marketing concepts, financial information, partners, potential partners, business plans, and Feedback. You agree not to use any Confidential Information for your own or for any other purpose, except in order to use the Service as expressly authorized under this Agreement. You agree to hold the Confidential Information in strict confidence and not to disclose such Confidential Information to any third party. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of any Confidential Information, and to avoid the unauthorized disclosure or use of any Confidential Information.
11. Third Party Materials; Links. The use of the Service is dependent upon certain third-party products and services. In addition, the Service may make available access to certain third-party products, services and offers, as well as other information, products, services and other materials made available by third parties, including Submissions, or allow for the routing or transmission of such materials, including via links. All such third-party products, services and material are referred to as “Third Party Materials.”
We neither control nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, any Third Party Materials, including the accuracy, validity, timeliness, completeness, reliability, integrity, quality, legality, usefulness or safety of Third Party Materials, or any intellectual property rights therein. Certain Third Party Materials may, among other things, be inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to be a representation or warranty by Front with respect to any Third Party Materials. We have no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, and we may block or disable access to any Third Party Materials (in whole or part) through the Service at any time. In addition, the availability of any Third Party Materials through the Service does not imply our endorsement of, or our affiliation with, any provider of such Third Party Materials, nor does such availability create any legal relationship between you and any such provider.
Your use of Third Party Materials is at your own risk and is subject to any additional terms, conditions and policies applicable to such Third Party Materials (such as terms of service or privacy policies of the providers of such Third Party Materials).
Please note that certain Third Party Materials may include data made available by Polygon.
13. Disclaimers. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law: (a) the Service and any Third Party Materials are made available to you on an “As Is,” “Where Is” and “Where Available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory; and (b) Front disclaims all warranties with respect to the Service and any Third Party Materials, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement and title. All disclaimers of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in this Agreement) are made for the benefit of both Front and its affiliates and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers (collectively, the “Affiliated Entities”), and their respective successors and assigns.
You acknowledge and agree that: (i) the Service is provided for information purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes; (ii) the Service may include certain information taken from stock exchanges and other sources from around the world; (iii) Front does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the Service, or any information, facts, views, opinions, statements or recommendations available through the Service; (iv) the provision of certain parts of the Service is subject to the terms and conditions of other agreements to which Front is a party; (v) none of the information available through the Service constitutes a solicitation, offer, opinion, endorsement or recommendation by Front to buy or sell any security, or to provide legal, tax, accounting, or investment advice or services regarding the profitability or suitability of any security or investment; and (vi) the information available through the Service is not intended for use by, or distribution to, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such use or distribution would be contrary to any law, rule or regulation. Accordingly, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, neither Front nor any Affiliated Entity shall be liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person for any: (a) inaccuracies or errors in or omissions from the Service including quotes and financial data; (b) delays, errors, or interruptions in the transmission or delivery of the Service; or (c) loss or damage arising therefrom or occasioned thereby, or by any reason of nonperformance.
While we try to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Service, we do not guarantee that the Service is or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to the Service will be uninterrupted. The Service may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Service. If you become aware of any such alteration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of such alteration and its location on the Service.
14. Limitation of Liability. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law: (a) Front will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, under any contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or other theory, including damages for loss of profits, use or data, loss of other intangibles, loss of security of Submissions (including unauthorized interception by third parties of any Submissions), even if advised in advance of the possibility of such damages or losses; (b) without limiting the foregoing, Front will not be liable for damages of any kind resulting from your use of or inability to use the Service or from any Third Party Materials, including from any Virus that may be transmitted in connection therewith; (c) your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service or any Third Party Materials is to stop using the Service; and (d) the maximum aggregate liability of Front for all damages, losses and causes of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be the total amount, if any, paid by you to Front solely for the right to use the Service. All limitations of liability of any kind (including in this section and elsewhere in this Agreement) are made for the benefit of both Front and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns.
15. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Front and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns, from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Service (including all Submissions); and (b) any violation or alleged violation of this Agreement by you.
16. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Front may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and without prior notice, for any or no reason, including if Front believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination or suspension, your right to use the Service will immediately cease, and Front may, without liability to you or any third party, immediately deactivate or delete your user name, password and account, and all associated materials, without any obligation to provide any further access to such materials. Sections 4–7, 9–11, and 13–22 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
17. Governing Law; Arbitration. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location. You agree to exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California, U.S.A., and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
18. Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_content-control_software_and_providers. Please note that Front does not endorse any of the products or services listed on such site.
19. Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Service, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. You may also contact us by writing to Front Financial Inc., 1 Ferry Building (Suite 201), San Francisco, CA 94111. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
20. Export Controls. You are responsible for complying with United States export controls and for any violation of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. You represent, warrant and covenant that you are not (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or other restriction, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; or (b) on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users.
21. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Front. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default under this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision. All terms defined in the singular shall have the same meanings when used in the plural, where appropriate and unless otherwise specified. Any use of the term “including” or variations thereof in this Agreement shall be construed as if followed by the phrase “without limitation.” This Agreement, including any terms and conditions incorporated herein, is the entire agreement between you and Front relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Front relating to such subject matter. Notices to you (including notices of changes to this Agreement) may be made via posting to the Service or by e-mail (including in each case via links), or by regular mail. Without limitation, a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Front will not be responsible for any failure to fulfill any obligation due to any cause beyond its control.
22. Apple-Specific Terms. In addition to your agreement with the foregoing terms and conditions, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the following provisions apply with respect to your use of any version of the App compatible with the iOS operating system of Apple Inc. (“Apple”). Apple is not a party to this Agreement and does not own and is not responsible for the App. Apple is not providing any warranty for the App except, if applicable, to refund the purchase price for it. Apple is not responsible for maintenance or other support services for the App and shall not be responsible for any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses with respect to the App, including any third-party product liability claims, claims that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, and claims with respect to intellectual property infringement. Any inquiries or complaints relating to the use of the App, including those pertaining to intellectual property rights, must be directed to Front in accordance with the “Information or Complaints” section above. The license you have been granted herein is limited to a non-transferable license to use the App on an Apple-branded product that runs Apple’s iOS operating system and is owned or controlled by you, or as otherwise permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in Apple’s App Store Terms of Service, except that the App may also be accessed and used by other accounts associated with you via Apple’s Family Sharing or volume purchasing programs. In addition, you must comply with the terms of any third-party agreement applicable to you when using the App, such as your wireless data service agreement. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement and, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof; notwithstanding the foregoing, Front’s right to enter into, rescind or terminate any variation, waiver or settlement under this Agreement is not subject to the consent of any third party.
Service © 2020 Front Financial, Inc. unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.